BULLHEAD CITY — Open houses have been scheduled on all six Bullhead City Elementary School District campuses for new and returning students in grades pre-K through eight and their parents. Dates and times vary by school.
BCESD and Colorado River Union High School District classes begin Aug. 1.
Registration continues for BCESD’s free preschool (pre-kindergarten) programs for eligible families at three campuses. A limited number of openings are available at Diamondback and Sunrise Elementary Schools. There are 36 preschool scholarships at Coyote Canyon School.
The grant-funded full-day programs are Mondays through Thursdays. Children must be 4 years old by Sept. 1.
Applications for all three pre-K programs are available in the district’s special services office, which has relocated to Coyote Canyon, 1820 Lakeside Drive, between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Additional information is available at 928-758-8858.
Children who are 3 and meet criteria for special education may attend half-day programs. Children who have special needs and are 4 will attend full-day classes.
All of the district’s preschool teachers have an associate, bachelor or master degree in early childhood or elementary education.
Back to school open houses are on the following schedule:
- Fox Creek Junior High (grades 7-8), Thursday, July 26, 5-7 p.m.
- Bullhead City Middle School (grade 5 only), Thursday, July 26, 5:30-7 p.m.
- Coyote Canyon Preschool (Pre-K), Monday, July 30, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Desert Valley and Sunrise elementary schools (Pre-K-grade 4), Monday, July 30, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Diamondback Elementary (Pre-K-grade 4), Monday, July 30, 5-7 p.m.
- Bullhead City Middle School (grade 6 only), Monday, July 30, 5:30-7 p.m.
Additional information is available from each school office.